Marianna


Marianna is a 44 ft bermuda cutter designed by Max Oertz and built in the Hans Heidtmann Shipyard in Hamburg, Germany in 1925.


Marianna’s history is well documented - from her racing track record in Germany in the twenties to her arrival in the UK in 1936, her career as a sail training vessel in Scotland, her complete restoration in North Wales in the nineties, and her many travels and Classic Regatta’s in the North Sea since then.

Designed by the Kaiser’s naval architect, she was an advanced boat for her time, for instance winning the North Sea Race and the Kieler woche in the late twenties. Brought to England by Major Ralph Blewitt, founder of the RAYC and sailed by his family, including his daughter Mary Blewitt, later Mary Pera, of Celestial Navigation and RORC fame, in many races during the thirties and forties. Marianna was then sold by Camper & Nicholson to Sir Maurice Laing in 1950 and started a career as a sales training vessel in Scotland. Her rigging was redesigned by Laurent Giles in 1954. Fully restored in North Wales in 1996, she now sails under Belgian flag since 2007, but based in Hellevoetsluis, Holland.

Marianna is Lloyd’s registered and part of the German FKY register; in 2000, she was listed in Classic Boat’s Top 100 Greatest Boats of all Times, and again in the Top 250 of 2013.

The boat has been maintained and upgraded by her latest owner since 2007 and is in very good condition. Her particular shape, long waterline and sizeable sail area make it a fast boat for classic regatta’s; but at the same time her roomy lay-out, with 3 cabins in addition to the saloon area, make Marianna very suitable for cruising with family and friends.

Eric Préat
De Kareel – Leuvenstraat 5 B-3071 Kortenberg
Mob +32 475 60 43 85 epm_pm@hotmail.com

.

Viele weitere Infos:

https://www.fky.org/doku/MARIANNA SHORT PROFILE JAN 21 ENG.pdf

.

.

zurück